We are a group of professional therapists who provide training to other practitioners specializing in the treatment and remediation of Autism Spectrum and related disorders. As one of the leading Non-Public Agencies (NPA), VHAP currently works with numerous school districts to provide behavior intervention services.
Our professional staff provides training and consultation support to school districts, agencies and home programs. We believe in a ‘train-the-trainers’ model which provides an opportunity for professionals to develop and refine their learning and then share it with their staff. We can help you implement and develop effective programs and enhance intervention services provided in classrooms and home programs.
Types of Professional Training:
- Consultation and Assessment Services
- Model 1:1 Direct Behavior Intervention in a Classroom Setting
- Consultation With Teachers, Psychologists and Other Service Providers
- Training of Classroom Aides to Implement Positive Behavior Support Strategies
Training Topics Can Include:
- Behavior and Developmental Interventions
- Implementing Positive Behavior Support Strategies
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Facilitation of Peer Relationships and Social Skills Development
- Effectively Use Curriculum Accommodations and Modifications
- Utilization of Visual and Self-monitoring Strategies