Developmental Behavior Therapists implement direct, one-to-one intervention services that address the child’s individualized goals and provide support for parent training. They also receive ongoing training and supervision to ensure effective implementation of behavioral and developmental interventions to address the child’s developmental needs in the home, school and/or community.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with autistic children & their parents.
- Is able to work collaboratively within a team when implementing treatment programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Psychology/Education or related field.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is able to naturally interact and build rapport with a range of clients.
- Is able to set boundaries and limits as needed.
- Is able to demonstrate an ability to manage emotional dysregulation, sensory-related issues, and challenging behaviors.
- Is able to collaborate with VHAP team members, parents, teachers and other service providers.
- Is able to effectively communicate about client goals.
- Is experienced with implementing intervention strategies and documenting their effectiveness.
- Is able to evaluate their own strengths and limitations related to their work with clients.
- Is open to ongoing supervision and accepting of constructive feedback.
Minimum of 10 hours per week, maximum of 40 hours per week.
Please fax your resume to: (818) 386-1182 or email to HR@vhap.org.