We are currently hiring for the following position:
DEVELOPMENTAL BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONIST
Developmental Behavior Therapists implement direct, one-to-one intervention services that address the child’s individualized goals and provide support for parent training. They also receive ongoing training and supervision to ensure effective implementation of behavioral and developmental interventions to address the child’s developmental needs in the home, school and/or community.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with autistic children & their parents.
- Is able to work collaboratively within a team when implementing treatment programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Psychology/Education or related field.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has feelings for and interacts naturally in building rapport with children.
- Is able to set limits and use consequences as needed.
- Is able to understand and manage emotional dysregulation, sensory-related issues, and difficult behaviors, and can discuss cases and children in which they have been involved.
- Is able to collaborate effectively with parents, teachers and other service providers.
- Is able to communicate both directly and sensitively.
- Is experienced implementing intervention strategies and familiar with behavior support plans.
- Is comfortable discussing successes and failures about your work with clients.
- Is open to and accepting of feedback and ongoing supervision.
Minimum of 10 hours per week, maximum of 40 hours per week.
Please fax your resume to: (818) 386-1182 or email to HR@vhap.org.